Sunday, December 20, 2009

Beer Review 20 - Guinness Draught


Finally, I sample a tall can of Guinness Draught. This is a nitro-can which has a little widget inside (sort of like a ping-pong ball) which helps deliver a distinctive gas discharge into the beer when the can is popped open. It made a cool whistling noise and the beer poured beautifully. Nearly solid black, with the thickest of heads. Impressive looking beer. However, the taste leaves so much to be desired. This is thin, watery and bitter. Even though it was chilled it still tasted warm; yet, unlike the 250th Anniversary stout, I thought the warmness seemed to accentuate the wateriness and blandness. Geesh, just not good at all. I won't give up on Guinness, I have yet to have one drawn from a tap. But, whoa. I don't think I will be picking this up again.


No comments:

Post a Comment